sábado, 24 de octubre de 2015

How are storms formed?



  Mikel Oblinsky is a storm photographer.We could say a storm chaser. Probably on of the best ones in the world. His videos have become viral.

     Was storm photography how you started getting into photography?

       I’ve always been a weather nut, and I would always write on Facebook that I should be a meteorologist, and why didn’t I go to school for that, and all that kind of stuff. So I always liked that, and I just started looking at photography, and started following some guys who were doing lightning photography, and thought, "that looks like so much fun." So I took this little camera out, and would just hold the shutter down, and it would just go click, click, click, and I would try to take pictures of lightning, and I got a few that were ok, and then one night I got an amazing one, and I couldn’t believe it. Then I got on the local news, and I was hooked from there. I told my wife, “I’ve got to get a camera that can do long exposures,” so we sold all of our DVDs on eBay for almost $500, and I bought a Canon Rebel and just started from there.

Answer the following questions:

a. What would Mikel have liked to study?
b. What do you unerstand by lightning photography?
c. What type of camera did Mikel need?
d. How did he manage to buy a better camera?

How do you find storms to shoot?

     In the summer out here in Phoenix, there are pretty much storms from July 1st to sometime in September. There are storms somewhere in Arizona unless there’s a really big dry period. So the night before, I’m always looking at forecasts, reading what the weather service people say, looking at models of predicted radar. And just kind of from experience, I’ve lived here my whole life, so I understand how the storms work.

Answer the following questions:

a. When is the time for storms in Phoenix?
b. How does Mikel know where to find a storm?



                                                                           VIMEO VIDEO (The Chase)


















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario