domingo, 11 de junio de 2017
Forrest Gumpis a 1994 epic comedy-drama romance film. It was based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Winston Groom. The film was directed by Robert Zemeckis and starred Tom Hanks. The story portrays several decades in the life of Forrest Gump, a naïve and slow-witted native of Alabama. The film shows how he witnesses, and in some cases changes, some of the most important events of the latter half of the 20th century.
link 1 link 2 link 3
lesson plan 1 Facts
sábado, 10 de junio de 2017
miércoles, 7 de junio de 2017
martes, 6 de junio de 2017
martes, 30 de mayo de 2017
lunes, 8 de mayo de 2017
|bliss n||(joy, happiness)||felicidad nf|
|Ellen had never experienced bliss before she met her spouse.|
Video with Lyrics
Link to the video
|come over vi phrasal||informal (pay a visit) (AR, coloquial)||venirse, pasarse v prnl|
|If you come over this evening we'll watch a movie together.|
|Venite esta tarde y miramos juntos una película.|
|(coloquial)||dejarse caer loc verb|
|Si te dejas caer esta tarde, miramos juntos una película.|
|tailor-made for [sth/sb] adj||figurative (perfectly suited) (figurado, coloquial)||como anillo al dedo loc adj|
|Jim has always loved trains, so his new job as a train driver is tailor-made for him.|
|Tu idea me viene como anillo al dedo, es justo la solución que estaba buscando.|
|nibble vi||(take small bites)||mordisquear⇒ vtr|
Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge.(https://www.bie.org)
What types of strategies are involved?
domingo, 7 de mayo de 2017
lunes, 1 de mayo de 2017
“Say You Won’t Let Go” is the first single from British singer-songwriter James Arthur’s second studio album, Back from the Edge. The song has peaked at No. 1 in several countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand and Sweden.
Lesson Plan 2
Sing along with the subtitles:
Thanks to those who share their contents.
sábado, 29 de abril de 2017
Excelllent example to comment and have some speaking.For example about questions we can make before buying a used car.
Here you have some tips for discussion:
There are many important questions to ask before considering a used car:
1. Is this the original paint?
2. Can I check the oil? Oil is an earmark for trouble with a used car. You could just ask if the owner has ever skipped an oil change, but it's best not to invite the seller to lie to you.
3. Can you put this on the lift? This question applies to buying a car from a dealer. If you're mechanically inclined, getting a car on a lift is how you'll check for problems with the car like leaking fluids or rust.
4. Why are you selling it? This is a question that openly invites the seller to lie to you, and you should take it with a grain of salt when you're told a car was owned by an old lady mechanic who only drove to church on Sundays. Still, as many readers pointed out, putting the seller on the spot is a good way to recognize any deception on the part of the seller and will keep you mindful of potential problems.
5. Who was the previous owner?
6. Do you have the title in hand?
7. Can I take it for a test drive?
8. Can I see the maintenance history? Much as the seller can try and lie to you, lying through the maintenance history is a much tougher job.
9. Can I take this to my mechanic? If a used car's seller won't let you get the car looked at, walk away. Getting the car checked out by an expert on the car is how you're going to find out what's really right or wrong with the thing.
10. Is the vehicle 4 Wheel Drive? if so does it work properly?
11. Are there any signs of smoking or pets?
12. Do all the windows and locks work?
13. Do all of the lights, wipers and stereo work?
14. Do the turn signals and cruise control work?
15. How many keys and remotes are included with the car?
16. Does the car have a spare tire and jack?
17. Ask about rust perforation/ pitting/ rock chips. many cars in inclement areas suffer from this.
18. Does the vehicle leak any fluids such as oil, antifreeze or any other essential fluid?
19. How about the tread on tires and wear on brakes?
Idioms related to driving in English:
lunes, 24 de abril de 2017
domingo, 2 de abril de 2017
Lesson Plan Genius Translation
|thrifty adj||(person: frugal)||ahorrativo/a adj|
|If you're thrifty you'll have some money left at the end of the month.|
|all-you-can-eatadj||(restaurant buffet: unlimited)||bufet libre, bufé libre, buffet libre nm + adj mf|
|bufet, buffet, bufé nm|
|buffet ilimitado nm + adj|
Talk about the “sweet and sour” represent the good and bad things they share with each other
about their lives.Talk about everything
|grab [sth] vtr||(take hold of) (excepto AR)||coger⇒ vtr|
lunes, 27 de marzo de 2017
lunes, 20 de marzo de 2017
Let's agree to disagree
Give your opoinion about the following statements
Topics for discussion
How to agree and disagree. Listen to the podcast
Our opinions (pdf) Four corners (pdf) Do you agree...(issuu) Agree and Disagree